Minute Taker (Trustee Board)
Objective of role: To take the minutes of Trustee meetings and at the annual AGM.
Managed by: Chair of Trustees
- Attendance at Trustee Board meetings (approx. two hours every quarter)
- Annual attendance at the AGM
What the role involves
- To support the Trustees by taking accurate and factual minutes of the meetings.
- To email Trustees all minutes and upload to the museum’s Google Drive.
- To follow and promote the museum’s policies and procedures
Would suit you if you
- Have an interest in historic objects and archives and the local area
- Have an ability to us email and Google Drive
- Have good word processing skills
- Are able to work well with others
Volunteers will be given a full induction. They will also be signposted to wider training opportunities and sector-specific meetings.
About Chesham Museum
Chesham Museum was founded in 2004. It is a community organisation, conceived and run by local volunteers, with funding mainly through the efforts of its supporters with the support of local businesses, schools and the wider population.
Its first home was in the former stables of a public house ‘The Gamekeeper’s Lodge’ in Bellingdon Rd, and it relocated, in 2009, to 15 Market Square, Chesham until June 2017 when a change in circumstances meant it was forced to close its doors.
Since then, the museum has developed an outreach programme in the community and maintained a strong online presence through its website and social media channels, helping to provide a connection to its audiences and users both local, visitors and researchers from across the world. We’re making positive progress towards a new home for the museum and are growing our volunteer team. Join our team and share in the development of a thriving local history museum for the communities of Chesham and surrounding area.
How to apply
Contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form below.