Social Media Manager
Objective of role: To oversee the development of the museum’s social media accounts
Managed by: Volunteer Learning Manager
- Varies but around four hours a month
- There would be regular catch ups with the Volunteer Learning Manager, once a month
What the role involves
- To oversee the development of engaging and creative content for the museum’s social media accounts, which are currently Instagram and Facebook, resulting in more followers and greater engagement with the museum and local history
- Facebook content is created by a museum volunteer and Instagram content is developed in partnership with young people
Would suit you if you
- Have an interest in historic objects and archives and the local area
- Enjoy working developing and sharing your learning
- Enjoy using and developing content for social media
- Enjoy working with young people.
Volunteers will be given a full induction and training but some knowledge and understanding of social media would be useful. They will also be signposted to wider training opportunities and sector-specific meetings.
A DBS check is required for this role, which the museum can arrange with you.
About Chesham Museum
Chesham Museum was founded in 2004. It is a community organisation, conceived and run by local volunteers, with funding mainly through the efforts of its supporters with the support of local businesses, schools and the wider population.
Its first home was in the former stables of a public house ‘The Gamekeeper’s Lodge’ in Bellingdon Rd, and it relocated, in 2009, to 15 Market Square, Chesham until June 2017 when a change in circumstances meant it was forced to close its doors.
Since then, the museum has developed an outreach programme in the community and maintained a strong online presence through its website and social media channels, helping to provide a connection to its audiences and users both local, visitors and researchers from across the world. We’re making positive progress towards a new home for the museum and are growing our volunteer team. Join our team and share in the development of a thriving local history museum for the communities of Chesham and surrounding area.
How to apply
Contact the team at email@example.com or complete the form below.