Objective of role: To be responsible for the governance and strategic direction of the museum.
Managed by: Chair of Trustees
- Attendance at Trustee Board meeting (approx. two hours every quarter)
- Annual attendance at AGM
- As required project work to secure future opportunities for the development and good governance (max one hour a month)
- Contribute to content of Museum Times magazine for the museum members and as required to help management committee with regular events (max one hour a month)
What the role involves
- To support the Chair of Trustees and other trustees in the governance of the museum.
- To support the Museums management team in delivery of their volunteer duties
- Oversee and approve governance and financial decision to ensure correct running of the museum in accordance with Charities Commission
- To adhere to the conditions and charitable purpose of the Chesham Museum CIO as started in its governing document
- To follow and promote the museum’s policies and procedures.
Would suit you if you
- An interest in local history of Chesham and area
- Background in any of the following skills or professional experience
- History and heritage
- Commercial and business
- Charity sector
- HR or public sector
Trustees will be given a full induction. They will also be signposted to wider training opportunities and sector-specific meetings.
About Chesham Museum
Chesham Museum was founded in 2004. It is a community organisation, conceived and run by local volunteers, with funding mainly through the efforts of its supporters with the support of local businesses, schools and the wider population.
Its first home was in the former stables of a public house ‘The Gamekeeper’s Lodge’ in Bellingdon Rd, and it relocated, in 2009, to 15 Market Square, Chesham until June 2017 when a change in circumstances meant it was forced to close its doors.
Since then, the museum has developed an outreach programme in the community and maintained a strong online presence through its website and social media channels, helping to provide a connection to its audiences and users both local, visitors and researchers from across the world. We’re making positive progress towards a new home for the museum and are growing our volunteer team. Join our team and share in the development of a thriving local history museum for the communities of Chesham and surrounding area.
How to apply
Contact the team at email@example.com or complete the form below.