Objective of role: To deliver guided walks around Chesham to visitors.
Managed by: Volunteer Guided Walks Leader
- Currently walks take place around once a month or every two months but we would like to be able at least one walk a month as well as walks to pre-booked groups. Each walk lasts approximately two hours
- There would be regular catch ups with the wider walks team, every two months
What the role involves
- To deliver guided walks to groups of adults, in groups of up to 15 people. There are various walks around the town, covering Waterside, the old town and Newtown.
Would suit you if you
- Have an interest in historic objects and archives and the local area
- Enjoy working developing and sharing your learning
- Enjoy speaking to a group
- Enjoy walking
Volunteers will be given a full induction and training, with all the notes on the walks provided for them. The bookings for the walks are also managed by the museum. They will also be signposted to wider training opportunities and sector-specific meetings.
About Chesham Museum
Chesham Museum was founded in 2004. It is a community organisation, conceived and run by local volunteers, with funding mainly through the efforts of its supporters with the support of local businesses, schools and the wider population.
Its first home was in the former stables of a public house ‘The Gamekeeper’s Lodge’ in Bellingdon Rd, and it relocated, in 2009, to 15 Market Square, Chesham until June 2017 when a change in circumstances meant it was forced to close its doors.
Since then, the museum has developed an outreach programme in the community and maintained a strong online presence through its website and social media channels, helping to provide a connection to its audiences and users both local, visitors and researchers from across the world. We’re making positive progress towards a new home for the museum and are growing our volunteer team. Join our team and share in the development of a thriving local history museum for the communities of Chesham and surrounding area.
How to apply
Contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form below.